Okay not temperature cool, but one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. Since Holly did all of the Japan blogging, I (Vince) will be in charge of Hawaii. The expectations are going to be hard to live up to, but I will do my best.
Immediately when you step off of the plane the air smells of plumeria's and the waiting area for the people boarding the planes is outside under cabana's. It's like we are on a tropical island or something! Our lodging is tucked off the main road in the jungle with a Swiss Family Robinson-like atmosphere. The mornings are eventful to say the least; filled with noises of horses, cows, goats, and the 16 or so people staying on the property. Today was our introduction to snorkeling on the Big Island. We saw many colorful fish and learned quickly that lava rocks are sharp and it is a good idea to wear wet suits and gloves. Our snorkeling was cut short when the lifeguards made an announcement that a 15 foot tiger shark was spotted less than a mile away. This instantly cleared the waters and we were off to Walmart to let Matt and Yukari shop to their hearts content. Being from Japan they stocked up on souveniers, showerheads, and the ever so important, American junk food! We had a great family feast tonight and listened to Donna and Lawrence sing and play their guitar's. It is an early bedtime tonight; tomorrow we are headed to a cove where swimming with dolphins is just a normal Sunday morning activity. Should be fun. Pictures to come.
Immediately when you step off of the plane the air smells of plumeria's and the waiting area for the people boarding the planes is outside under cabana's. It's like we are on a tropical island or something! Our lodging is tucked off the main road in the jungle with a Swiss Family Robinson-like atmosphere. The mornings are eventful to say the least; filled with noises of horses, cows, goats, and the 16 or so people staying on the property. Today was our introduction to snorkeling on the Big Island. We saw many colorful fish and learned quickly that lava rocks are sharp and it is a good idea to wear wet suits and gloves. Our snorkeling was cut short when the lifeguards made an announcement that a 15 foot tiger shark was spotted less than a mile away. This instantly cleared the waters and we were off to Walmart to let Matt and Yukari shop to their hearts content. Being from Japan they stocked up on souveniers, showerheads, and the ever so important, American junk food! We had a great family feast tonight and listened to Donna and Lawrence sing and play their guitar's. It is an early bedtime tonight; tomorrow we are headed to a cove where swimming with dolphins is just a normal Sunday morning activity. Should be fun. Pictures to come.

4 comments:
You are a great blogger Vince. :) Holly never said the air smelled of plumerias!
Aloha Holly and Vince! Wanted to check in. I caught up on all of Kerri's pics yesterday and your blog right now. Sorry WS held me captive over Christmas and now I am just getting all caught up. Wow looks like you are having a blast. . .and bringing back lots of memories too! Your cats are doing fine, I went over there yesterday and Poopy was so excited I was nearly knocked over a million times with love rubs as I got them food,water. Hugs!
THank you Jamie...you are a great friend...Rhonda, you rock too...even though you never told me that I was great blogger! hehe!
Well done Vince! I am so impressed! Looks like you're having the best vacation ever!!! So jealous!
Post a Comment