Tuesday, October 13, 2009

40 weeks and 6 days...

Time for an update on Sawyer....

I am officially 40 weeks and 6 days preggo...so 6 days late!!! Yesterday we went to the birth center for a check-up and had finally made a little progress. All the homework we had (walking lots and other things....) must be working. We also had a sonogram and stress test just to make sure he is ok. Sawyer passed both and so he is clearly just cooking along fine and doesn't want to come out in the rain. They are going to give me a little more time to see if he will come out on his own and if he doesn't, we will need to talk about inducing...which I really don't want to do.

So, in the mean time my bags are packed and in the car, my house remains in a permanent state of spotlessness and I go to bed each night hoping I wake up in pain.

I will try to do a better job of updating my blog before he comes and when he does (finally) come my guest blogger will be my sister friend Jamie...so you can check in here for updates!


** Ok, just after I posted this, my midwife called with a "plan." I am going to go in again tomorrow in the morning and they will check me again. If they can, they will use something called a foley bulb to open my cervix. If they can't use the foley bulb I will have to take some medicine to start the process. Looks like either way I am having this baby by the end of this week, possibly sooner.**

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Thanks for the update! I'm glad there's a plan and hope the bulb does its job :) GOOD LUCK!! So excited for you!

Jennifer said...

That is an exciting development! Come on Sawyer!!! We are praying for a smooth and uneventful delivery!

Sarah said...

SOOO EXCITED!!!

Anonymous said...

Sawyer is either very dedicated or stubborn, but either way I will love him to pieces!