Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Things they don't tell you about the first trimester of pregnancy:

1) You will have gas...lots of gas!
2) Lifetime Movie Network is your new favorite channel.
3) The acceptance speeches at the Oscars will make your cry.
4) If you accomplish one thing a day, you are doing good!
5) Garlic smells like poop.
6) "Pregnancy glow" really means awkward teenage zits.
7) Everything makes your stomach hurt.
8) Pregnancy brain is REAL! (I decorated for Valentines day in March...not joking)
9) Your husband will become a housekeeping superhero while you sit on the couch.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Ugh!!! I hope the "hangover without the alcohol" stage is over soon! Around 12 weeks I was feeling pretty good, and by 14 weeks I remembered what totally "normal" felt like. So hopefully you'll be out of this stage ASAP! Then it gets a lot more fun. :)

Anonymous said...

#8 made me laugh - that's awesome.

Like Sarah said, normal is coming soon!

Anonymous said...

Right on sister! Hang in there! Love, j

Corrie and Phil said...

CONGRATS, Holly! What a blessed time for you and Vince. There's nothing like it!

#6 made me think that you're having a girl. I experienced that same "joy" when I was pregnant, and someone actually said to me, "Judging by the way you're breaking out, I think you're having a girl because they stimulate different hormones." Nice, huh?!

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Jennifer said...

So true! Tell Vince to keep up the help because you will need it. Better days are coming though...come on 2nd trimester.

We are so happy for you guys!

Kerry said...

I just realized your child will have only ONE real auntie!
I just knew there was a way I could bring this all back to ....ME.....
hehehehehe - love, love, love, love!!