If you know me, you know about my nicknames. I gave Bogus plenty of names and loved him enourmously, but...today I had to take him back the the shelter, my fostering duties are done. Both Bogus and I cried in the car on the way there. We sat in the parking lot and cried and snuggled before we went in. I delievered him to the foster coordinator with a quivering lip and I just made it back out the door of Operation Kindness before breaking down big time. I knew I couldn't keep him, but letting go wasn't easier for it. Vince even felt so bad he said we could work it out if I wanted him to stay. I just knew I had to do it. I remembered why I decided to foster. It's not to keep every animal I can keep, it's to love every animal I can love. It's not always easy doing something you are passionate about, but it's always right. Bye, Bye little Bumps...I miss you already. You are gonna be one hellova cat!!

P.S. If you are interested in helping animals, like Bumplestien, at Operation Kindness, a non-profit no-kill animal shelter, check out how you can by clicking
here!
No comments:
Post a Comment