Well...we aren't out! (By the way, this is Holly again! Vince said "I am blogged out") We hit strike 3 with the dolphins this morning and are consequently growing worried that we may never swim with the dolphins. We have one morning left and we are stationing people at all 3 spots the dolphins frequent. If someone sees them, they are to call the others and we will rush over to swim with them. Let's hope it works!
Tomorrow is our last day in Hawaii...tonight is our last night :(
Since I am getting up early and am tired right now, I am going to just list the things we did today (in order)...
1) Got up early to try and swim with dolphins (unsuccessful again)
2) Went to a very nice, unpopulated beach to work on our tans
3) While we were at the beach for 3 hours we: built a palm leaf shelter for shade, explored tidal pools, panicked because we thought we lost someone in the current, and the boys snorkeled for the first time!
4) Came home to shower and practice our skit for the talent show
5) Enjoyed a marvelous Japanese diner prepared by Matt and Yukari
6) Watched and participated in the traditional TALENT SHOW (our SNL cheerleader skit was a hit...whew!)
7) Had our nightly Uno game
8) And now, Vince is passed out beside me (from too much sun, but he will never admit it), and I am about to go to bed as well!
Let's all do the dolphin dance (similar to the rain dance, of course) and hope that the dolphins come out to play tomorrow!
This is the last posting I will do until we get back to Texas. We leave at 10pm tomorrow (Friday) and arrive home at 10pm Saturday...wow...24 hours of travel time! I think I am ready to be home...2 weeks is a long time to be living out of a suitcase...but I don't want to enter the real world just yet!
This has been one of the best trips I have experience so far in my 27 (on Jan 7th) years of life. To see, explore and learn about 2 completely different places has been awesome!! Thanks for taking this trip with us as you have been reading our adventures!! See you on the Mainland! Mahalo!

3 comments:
Too cool, I like the pic! See you soon friend... when you're 27. :)
I am a little sad that my virtual vacation is over, but we are glad that you will be home soon! We miss the Schefflers!
Don't worry, you WILL see the dolphins tomorrow!
Post a Comment