Thursday, April 30, 2009

Still pregnant!!

We had our second appointment with the midwife today. I am 17 weeks now and was SO ready to hear the heartbeat again. This time it was much stronger and easier to find. Still the same rate...right around 160. Does that mean boy or girl??? Hearing the heartbeat was awesome...I am still not showing that much and haven't gained any weight. So, I was feeling a little insecure (I know I have no reason to...but I do). We get to find out the gender of the baby on May 21st!! We can't wait! I am starting to feel the "nesting" bug. This weekend we are purging our junk to make way for all the new junk you get with a baby. So, if you want to do a little "shopping" through my junk come on over!!! Oh, and the baby is the size of a turnip this week.

3 comments:

Matthew Walsh said...

Geez nobody told me you were pregnant. Congratulations and I"m sending joy.

Anonymous said...

Yeah on the good report. . . and I know EXACTLY how you feel! I felt it too,and going to to the doctor and hearing the heart beat was like a high for a couple of days making you feel so confident. . . after a while when you start getting kicks it feels so awesome because it is like little Lemishine Scheffler is saying hi! (Ps- I need to explain the Lemishine to you soon!)

Anna said...

you are doing great!! hang in there a couple more weeks and little scheff will be reminding you every day that he or SHE is in there. i am going with a girl as my vote....reese's heart rate was faster like that too! : ) love and blessings.